I was talking to fellow CSAers Ari and Tamar, and they said one thing they’ve made with their share is a raw kale salad with ricotta. I was intrigued, so I found this recipe on Epicurious. Look the same, guys? Either way, it’s delicious and a great way to use a whole bunch of kale.
- 3/4 to 1 pound lacinato kale (also called Tuscan kale) or tender regular kale, stems and center ribs discarded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces coarsely grated ricotta salata (1 cup) (I found this at Met on Vanderbilt, and it’s surprisingly cheap!)
Working in batches, cut kale crosswise into very thin slices.
Whisk together shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Toss kale and ricotta salata in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat well, then season with salt and pepper.