The plums we’ve been getting in this year’s fruit share are absolutely gorgeous. They taste good, too! Now that it’s cool enough to consider turning the oven on, here’s a great plum dessert recipe from Epicurious.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds plums, halved, pitted, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon plum brandy or Port
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Mix flour, oats, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add butter and rub with fingertips until mixture forms coarse meal. Press with fingertips until mixture begins to form moist clumps. (Crumb topping can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss plums, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and brandy in medium bowl. Transfer to 9-inch deep-dish pie dish. Sprinkle crumb topping over. Bake until fruit bubbles and topping browns, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream.