Lewis Waite Farm CSA Extras program strives to connect small farms and producers to consumers within our region. We offer a single platform for you to gain access to a wide variety of farm fresh, all natural, artisanal, and organic products. Between our Extras service and your CSA share, you can eliminate (at least greatly reduce!) the weekly trip to the grocery store.
We partner with small, family run operations. If you have questions, we can ask the person who grew or made your food. Our producers take great pride in their products, and we take pride in offering them to you. Orders are placed via our online platform. You pay as you go, and order only what you want. Free delivery to your CSA! There are also Share style packages that let you sample from all our partners.
Lewis Waite Farm CSA Extras can offer you pasture raised meat and poultry (10 kinds of meat), fresh eggs and bread, grass fed butter, yogurt and ice cream, artisan cheese from sheep, goat or cows’ milk, including aged raw milk cheeses. We offer many pantry staples, too, all local and naturally made: granola, fresh stone-ground organic flour, dried organic beans and grains, natural jams and chutneys, natural sweeteners, locally roasted organic coffee, apple cider vinegar, and more. You can see a complete list on our website, www.csalewiswaitefarm.com.
Interested in à la carte ordering? Prospect Heights CSA members register here.
Interested in shares? Read below and look for the LWF section on the 2017 PHCSA order form.
Shares from Lewis Waite for 2017
Guidelines for all shares:
- All of our products are humanely and responsibly raised or produced.
- We source as locally as possible.
- The contents of the shares are non-negotiable. No special requests.
- Payment is made at the start of the season and is non-refundable.
- You may order other items from our offerings, but they will not be considered a part of your share.
- The Carnivore ($270), The Vegetarian ($240), The Omnivore ($300), The Challenger ($60), and The Cheese Lover ($180) shares are delivered MONTHLY, for a total of six deliveries.
- The Bread Lover ($156) share is delivered BIWEEKLY, for a total of 11 deliveries.
To learn more about each share, please consult and/or download the following flyer for the 2017 season.