Nancy and Alan Brown of Lewis Waite Farm have stitched together a network of over 20 local family farms that offer a wide variety of pastured meats, artisanal cheeses, homemade jams, chutneys, & more. You can order prepaid shares before the season starts (see below), or choose items à la carte throughout the season.
[à la carte first-timers: read these instructions]
Shares from Lewis Waite (2013 flyer download)
Guidelines for all shares:
- All of our products are humanely and responsibly raised or produced.
- We source as locally as possible.
- The contents of the shares are non-negotiable. No special requests.
- Payment is made at the start of the season and is non-refundable.
- You may order other items from our offerings, but they will not be considered a part of your share.
- The Carnivore, The Vegetarian, and The Omnivore, and The Cheese Lover are delivered MONTHLY, for a total of six deliveries. 2013 dates are:
June 13 | July 11 | August 8 | September 12 | October 10 | November 7
- The Bread Lover is delivered BIWEEKLY, for a total of 11 deliveries.
2013 dates are:
June 13 & 27 | July 11 & 25 | August 8 & 29 | September 12 & 26 |
October 10 & 24|November 7
Below are descriptions and sample contents of each share, actual contents may vary.
- Each share will contain approx. 4 to 6 lbs of meat.
- We will try to include at least 1 lb of ground meat, whether beef, pork, lamb, or turkey.
- Shares will attempt to be seasonally appropriate (roasts in winter, steaks/chops in summer)
- Share is based on feeding 2 people – see possible examples below
|NY Strip (2 stks)||0.9||$16.29||$14.66|
|dark ground turkey||1||$5.99||$5.99|
|fresh ham steak||2.35||$8.39||$19.72|
|Ground beef – 1 LB||0.99||$6.29||$6.23|
|Lamb leg steaks (2)||1||$14.99||$14.99|
|Pork Sweet Links||0.88||$10.89||$9.58|
|Whole Chicken – small KNK||3.15||$3.99||$12.57|
|Pork Garlic/Parm Sausage||1.03||$9.99||$10.29|
|Sirloin Tip Steak (2)||1.5||$8.79||$13.19|
- These shares are NOT VEGAN and will never include Eggs.
- Each share will contain: 1 lb of dried beans, 1 lb of dried grains, 1 Jam or Chutney, close to 1 lb of cheese in one or two flavors, and a mix of other dry items.
|Barley – 1 lb||1||$3.95|
|Black Beans – 1 lb||1||$3.95|
|Hot Plum Chutney||1||$8.00|
|1/2 lb Cambridge – Cheddar||1||$6.35|
|Mixed Herbs Chevre||1||$5.99|
|Cranberry Nut Granola||1||$7.95|
|Freekah – Roasted Spelt Berries||1||$5.99|
|Black Raspberry Jam||1||$8.00|
|1/2 lb Sheep Cheese||1||$13.50|
|Red Merlot Beans||1||$4.95|
|Pinto Beans, 1 lb||1||$3.89|
|Triple Fruit Marmalade||1||$8.00|
|Middletown Tomme .5 lb||1||$8.00|
- Each share would contain at least 1-2 lbs of meat, 1 lb of beans or grains, a Cheese or Yogurt, and other items.
- We would try not to be repetitious and supply a mix of items.
|FIRST Share||qty||price||ext. price|
|Red Kidney Beans||1||$3.89||$3.89|
|Garlic/Olive Oil Chevre||1||$5.99||$5.99|
|Ground Beef – 1 lb.||0.99||$6.29||$6.23|
|Battenkill Brittle Energy Bar||1||$7.79||$7.79|
|Sour Cherry Jam||1||$8.00||$8.00|
|Farmhouse Jack 1/2||0.47||$11.00||$5.17|
|Pint Maple Syrup||1||$13.50||$13.50|
|Mild Turkey Sausage||1||$5.99||$5.99|
|All purpose Flour 2#||1||$3.95||$3.95|
|Shushan Snow – (ozs)||7||$1.90||$13.30|
|Putney Bubbly – Cider||1||$7.99||$7.99|
The Cheese Lover (New!)
Shares consist of:
- ONE piece of fresh cheese. These are soft, spreadable cheeses. You will receive either Chevre (salted goat cheese), Fromage Blanc (unsalted goat cheese), or a Brebis (Sheep Milk). We will rotate plain and flavors.
- ONE piece of slicing cheese. These are all from West River Creamery’s raw cow and goat milk cheese. These include cheddar (plain, chipotle, and smoked), jack (plain and spiced), and swiss (possibly also baby swiss), and a Cheshire.
- ONE piece of rind cheese – for slicing or grating. We will rotate semi-soft mold ripened (brie-like) cheeses and harder grating cheeses.
- There are no preservatives in the bread.
- One will be a Sandwich loaf: Sourdough, Farm Bread, Whole Wheat Farm Bread, 8 Grain 3 Seed, or Pane Bello. We may incorporate rolls into this once or twice.
- One will be a Surprise loaf: Marble Rye, Pane Paesano, Onion Rye, Cinnamon Raisin, Jewish Rye, Sesame Semolina, Pumpernickel, Pepper Parmesan, Sundried Tomato, or a bag of Biscotti.
- About the source:
Rock Hill Breads are European hearth-fired with ingredients that are simple and good. They use organic flours from Champlain Mills, slow rising wild yeasts, and a great French Oven that creates crispy, chewy crusts – the kind of bread you can build your meals around and never tire of eating.