Sign-ups are on a first come-first served basis. Remember, workshifts are mandatory. Not fulfilling your workshift commitments will prevent you from joining the CSA next year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ready to sign up?
You should receive a confirmation email at the end of the signup process. If you’re splitting your share, please see “What if I’m splitting my share?” below for specific signup info.
- How many shifts do I need to do?
- Being part of a CSA always requires you to donate some of your time. Workshifts are mandatory, and if you doubt you can fulfill this commitment you should rethink your membership to the CSA.
- Since the CSA is run entirely by volunteers, we welcome all the help we can get. Workshifts are a fun way to meet other members and get your hands dirty for a few hours. You are welcome to sign up for as many shifts as you can commit to, but you must fulfill at least the following:
- Half share: minimum one shift Full share: minimum two shifts
- When are the shifts and what will I be doing?
- Each Thursday has slots available during two shifts:
- Shift 1: 3:15 – 5:30pm Meet on the Bergen St. side of PS9 to unload the truck, bring boxes into distribution site and set up for distribution. Be ready to lift heavy boxes; we promise you’ll get a workout! Once distribution begins, check in members at pickup, keep boxes of vegetables full.
- Shift 2: 5:30 – 7:45pm Check in members at pickup, keep boxes of vegetables full, clean up school cafeteria at end of the night.
- What are “monthly on call shifts”?
- By signing up for an “on call” shift, you are agreeing to be available on a last minute basis to work one shift during during a specific calendar month. The shift will be during distribution hours (i.e. 4:30-7:30 p.m. on a Thursday). We may not need you, in which case you will not need to work but will still be credited for your shift. But please don’t sign up unless you know you have a flexible schedule that will allow you to be available last minute.
- Can I sign up for more than one shift on the same day?
- Yes! This is a great way to get your commitment for the season done in just one day.
- What happens if I need to switch?
- Please make every effort to only sign up for dates you will be able to keep. If you need to make a switch, it is your responsibility to find a replacement for your shift, even at the last minute, either by swapping with another member, posting to the PHCSA Facebook page or asking a friend or family member to fill in for you. You must notify email@example.com of any changes or swaps as soon as they are made in order to receive credit for completing your shift(s) for the season.
- What happens if I don’t show up or am late for my workshift?
- The CSA relies on its members to staff the distributions. Most volunteers show up on time, ready to get dirty and help fellow members get their vegetables for the week. If you are late or don’t show up for your shift, your fellow members and the core group have to work that much harder – which might mean a delayed start to pickup, a more chaotic distribution, and bad karma for all.
- Can I bring children to my workshift?
- Though children are of course welcome at the distribution site, please consider whether supervising your child will prevent you from fulfilling your workshift duties. During your workshift, your primary focus should be getting the site set up and helping members get their vegetables.
- What should I wear or bring with me?
- No need to bring anything, but be prepared to get dirty. Vegetables come from the ground and as such often show up with dirt and mud on them. Be ready!
- It’s up to you to decide how to split workshift requirements across your household(s). When you do sign up, though, please use the name that PHCSA has on file for the share so we can correctly credit the workshift. It’s okay to use different email addresses so each person gets the appropriate reminder emails that week.
For any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Here are some detailed signup instructions, just in case:
- Click on the “Sign Up” button above, and log in using your email address and the contact name PHCSA has on file for your share (this is important if you are splitting a share).
- Click the “Sign Up” button on your preferred date, then the green “Save” button.
- You’ll be redirected in a few seconds to the confirmation page. Please check that you are signed up for the correct date(s).
- Sign up for your second workshift slot (if required) the same way.
- When you’re all done signing up, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a reminder message a few days before your shift.
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.